- Online Access
- Resource Center
Help your child start a savings plan today!
For children up to 12 years of age, Buckley's Savers has the scoop on saving.
- Start on the path to good saving habits.
- Make saving more fun with a special gift and fun activities.
- Open with just $10. Keep at least $1 in the account to earn interest.
Special Birthday Gift
- Buckley loves celebrating birthdays!
- Receive a special letter from Buckley on your birthday.
- Bring your letter to an office to receive a birthday gift.
- Join special banking day events held each quarter.
- Fun activities and games are planned for each event.
- Banking Days take place at most bank offices with lobby hours.
Savings Tips &Tricks
It would be good to write down the plan and talk it over with your parents so they're aware of what you're doing. Your parents will help you and encourage you to stick to your savings plan---it'll be good for you to hear their encouragement and have reminders of the benefits of saving.
You'll also want to put your money in a savings account---it'll be safe and you'll be less likely to spend it on things that come up.
Good luck with your savings plan. You can do it!
How to Save.
It's not hard to save---all you have to do is come up with a plan and stick to it. Here's how to get started:
Decide what you want to save for and figure out how much it costs.
Then, total up the money that you can earn, whether it's through an allowance, a part-time job, doing chores for family or neighbors, or birthday gifts.
Next, figure out how much of that money you can save, and how much you'll spend on things you need.
Make a list of the things you need and the cost for each one, and then review the list and see if there are things you can do without.
A need is something you can't live without...be careful not to include stuff you want with stuff that you need. You can sacrifice and live without a want---it's worth it to achieve your savings goal.
Once you know how much you're able to save, figure out how long you need to save: cost / amount you can save each week = the number of weeks you'll need to save. Here's an example: let's say you want to save for a new smart phone, and the phone you want costs $150. You figured out that you will be able to save $10 each week. It will take you 15 weeks to save up for the phone (150 / 10 = 15).
Great job, you've done it! You've made your savings plan.
Ways to Apply
Talk to us
We have dedicated staff that can assist you with getting started.