Posted on Aug 20, 2019
At NWSB Bank, we take every precaution to keep your accounts secure. Protecting your debit card from fraud requires constant monitoring to detect any unusual or suspicious activity. Currently, we contact you by phone whenever a potentially fraudulent activity occurs. We are now activating a real time text message alert system to verify that an unusual transaction is not fraud. If potentially fraudulent transactions are taking place, we will quickly contact you to avoid future fraudulent transactions.
This new SMS text feature will allow you to easily confirm if a transaction was authorized. You will be able to simply respond with “Yes” or “No”.
WHAT WE MONITOR
Your card transactions are monitored for purchases outside your normal purchasing patterns, unusual timeframes and geographical locations, or purchase patterns that are consistent with previously identified fraud trends.
HOW WE CONTACT YOU
How we contact you will depend on whether the phone numbers we have on file are landlines or mobile devices. If a mobile phone number exists, you will receive a SMS text message. Otherwise, a voice message is sent.
The valid numbers that will appear on your caller ID:
- Telephone Call: 844-544-3265
- Text Message: 37268
You may want to add these numbers to your contacts to ensure any message you receive is from the NWSB Bank Fraud Department.
RECEIVING A TEXT MESSAGE
- The text message will arrive with a 5 digit code (37268) and contain our financial institution name, dollar amount of the transaction and merchant name.
- Texts will be sent within 5 minutes of a suspicious transaction occurring between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m. Outside of these times, to avoid disturbing you during the night, your card may be blocked and you will receive a phone call in the morning.
- You will be asked to reply with “Yes” if you authorized the transaction. You will receive a confirming text message and can continue to use your card with confidence.
- A “No” reply means you have not authorized the transaction. You will receive a confirming text message and you will be asked to contact a fraud specialist to protect your account. You should call immediately.
- Do not reply to the text message with any personal or confidential card information.
- To opt-out of NWSB Bank Text Fraud Alerts, reply STOP to the message. An unsubscribe message will not be sent confirming the cancellation, and no more fraud alert text messages will be sent.
While this service is free, normal message and data rates may apply.
Below are sample text messages
- Text from NWSB Bank – 37268:
- Free MSG: NWSB Bank Fraud Center: 000665000 $22.45 on card 0000 at Grocery Store #12? If valid, reply YES, fraud NO. To Opt, STOP.
- If YES reply received:
- Free MSG: NWSB Bank Fraud Center: 000665000 Thank you for confirming this activity. You may continue to use this card. To Opt out reply STP.
- If NO reply received:
- Free MSG: NWSB Bank Fraud Center: 000665000 Your response has placed a block on the card. Call us immediately at 000665000 avail 24/7. To Opt Out reply STOP.
Enrollment is automatic. If you have a cell phone number on file, you will receive a notification via text whenever a potentially fraudulent transaction occurs. If you wish to Opt Out, simply reply STOP. If you do not have a cell phone on file, please update or confirm your mobile number online or by visiting your local branch or calling our Contact Center at 1.844.822.6972.
Remember: NWSB Bank will never call, text or email you requesting your personal information, including card numbers, passwords or PIN. If you receive a suspicious phone call or email asking for your personal or confidential information – do not respond. Immediately contact NWSB Bank at 1.844.822.6972.