Posted on Oct 26, 2022
Join NWSB Bank in supporting The Shepherd’s Staff and Carroll County children in need by donating fun and useful items this holiday season. This special NWSB Helping Hands initiative runs through Wednesday, November 30.
Customers and friends of the Bank may bring one or more items listed below to any of NWSB Bank’s six convenient locations in Carroll County, MD. Place your items in the large collection box in the office. NWSB staff members will then work like Santa’s Elves to fill festive, holiday stockings–provided by the Bank–with the items collected and will add a gift tag to identify each stocking for a boy or girl and the appropriate age level. The community organization will distribute these wonderful holiday stockings to families in need in early December.
As an alternative, customers may provide a check made payable to The Shepherd’s Staff.
The Shepherd’s Staff ministry continually strives to effectively respond to people in their time of need. The organization’s focus is to provide temporary assistance to resolve short-term problems and empower people to seek more permanent solutions for social and economic self-sufficiency.
Suggested Items to Donate:
- NEW Pacifiers, bottles, bibs, one-piece outfits, socks, booties and baby toys.
Toddlers and school aged children
- NEW School Supplies: Pens, pencils, crayons, markers, writing pads, etc.
- NEW Toys: Small cars, balls, dolls, stuffed animals, flashlights, coloring books, books, jump ropes, toys that light up or make noise, bubbles, etc.
- NEW Hygiene Items: Toothbrush, toothpaste, floss, mild soap, comb, brush, etc.
- Other (NEW only): T-shirt, socks, hair accessories, jewelry, watches and underwear.
- Love to have included: the biblical Christmas story, religious CD’s / DVD’s.
Please do not contribute used or damaged items, war-related items, such as toy guns or knives, chocolate or food, out of date candy, breakable items such as snow globes or glass containers, or aerosol cans.